The Hiring Partner Conference
02/26/18 - 02/27/18
This invitation-only 1.5 day event, hosted by Vinson & Elkins LLP, brings together hiring partners from preeminent firms to understand current trends and developments in law firm recruiting. Participants will share best practices, hear from law school insiders and industry professionals, and gain new perspectives on the challenges and opportunities they face.
- The latest statistics on associate hiring and attrition
- Candid discussions of the benefits and disadvantages of summer programs versus lateral hiring
- Panel discussion featuring recent lateral associates and partners. Hear which factors influenced them to leave their former firms and what attracted them to their current firms
- Panel discussion with law school deans and Career Services Office heads
- The latest data on Summer Associate Program outcomes including offer and acceptance rates
- Small group discussions based on firm size and/or region
Conference registration will take place beginning at 11am Central on Monday, February 26, 2018 with the conference beginning at noon. Programming will run until approximately 4:30 with cocktails and dinner that evening at a local restaurant. Programming is anticipated to begin at 8:30 Central on Tuesday, February 27, 2018, and to conclude at approximately 3pm Central that day. Additional details, including an agenda, will be posted here.
Please register through the Foundation's bookstore at www.nalpfoundation.org/bookstore THE HIRING PARTNER CONFERENCE - REGISTER HERE for the early registration rate of $1,795 through September 30, 2017. Thereafter, the regular conference rate of $1,995 is available until January 15, 2018. If space remains available, late registration is available after January 15, 2018 with a $300 late registration fee. The conference fee includes lunch and snacks on Monday, February 27 as well as cocktails sponsored by Andrews Kurth Kenyon LLP and dinner at a local restaurant that evening and breakfast, lunch, and snacks on Tuesday, February 27. The fee also includes one night at the Four Seasons Hotel with Wi-Fi internet access on Monday, February 26. Please note: the Houston Rodeo begins the week of February 27, 2018. Hotel rooms will be in high demand. Register soon to secure a room at the Four Seasons.
If you live in Houston or if you prefer to pay by check rather than credit card, have any dietary restrictions, or would like a hotel room for Sunday night as well, please email NALP Foundation SVP Jeremy Bloom at email@example.com or call him at 734-585-0465.
Opportunities to become involved in the work of The Foundation are abundant.
Learn more >