NALP Foundation Launches Associate Attrition Study for 2021
This year, more than ever, law firms need both accurate information on overall associate hiring and attrition, as well as comparative data for their own organizations.
Tuesday, January 18, 2022
The NALP Foundation has launched its Update on Associate Attrition study for calendar year 2021, and we invite interested law firms to join this important project. This year, more than ever, firms need both accurate information on overall associate hiring and attrition, as well as comparative data for their own organizations.
- Details associate hiring and departures in 2021, in the aggregate and also by demographic cohorts.
- Illuminates the COVID-19 pandemic‘s impact on law firm associate hiring and retention.
- Reports detailed information on associates’ departure reasons and next professional destinations.
To ensure the study captures the data firms need now, we’ve added the following NEW information:
- Departure date tracking to probe 2021’s salary wars, special bonuses, and reopenings.
- Specific queries about DEI, support for mental health/well-being, community/connectivity, remote/flexible work, and vaccination/testing policies as factors influencing associate departures.
- Rehires information, to capture “boomerang” associate data.
The 2021 data submission deadline is February 4, 2022.
For any questions about the study, or to discuss your firm’s participation, please contact Fiona Trevelyan Hornblower, President & CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jennifer Mandery, Vice President for Research at email@example.com.